Freedom's Just Another Word For Imminent Involuntary Institutionalization
Jack Thompson: American Hero of Freedom.
You heard that right. Jack Thompson, crusading (constantly) lawyer (for the moment), whose batshit insane antics we've frequently discussed here, is going to be honored as an America pro-freedom hero. The award is to be bestowed by something called America's Freedom Festival in Utah.
The purpose of the festival is to commemorate our Day of Independence and celebrate the spirit of America by creating festivities that instill a deeper sense of patriotism in the hearts of those involved.
Jack Thompson's purpose, on the other hand, is to file frivolous lawsuits, insult judges, file legal briefs comprised primarily of rebuses, demand the indictment of public officials who disagree with him, blather about loyalty oaths, and invoke Jesus Christ in an effort to ward off his imminent disbarment.
Those things are totally patriotic. A lot of our greatest Americans, icons of patriotism, were complete vexatious litigant whackjobs. Abraham Lincoln? Clinically depressed lawyer. Joe McCarthy? Paranoid-schitzo drunk. And so on.
So best of luck to the good citizens of Utah in celebrating Mr. Thompson. Make sure none of the carnival games encourages violence.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- The Road To Popehat: Wait, Wut Edition - April 20th, 2015
- "Safe Spaces" And The Mote In America's Eye - April 19th, 2015
- Why Are Nevada State Senators Trying To Eviscerate The State's Anti-SLAPP Statute? - April 17th, 2015
- Pepperdine Law School Debate On Criminalizing Revenge Porn - April 16th, 2015
- No Good Deed: How Jose Arcaya Ph.D. Esq. Went From Suing a Client Over A Yelp Review To Complaining About Scott Greenfield - April 14th, 2015