Freedom's Just Another Word For Imminent Involuntary Institutionalization
Jack Thompson: American Hero of Freedom.
You heard that right. Jack Thompson, crusading (constantly) lawyer (for the moment), whose batshit insane antics we've frequently discussed here, is going to be honored as an America pro-freedom hero. The award is to be bestowed by something called America's Freedom Festival in Utah.
The purpose of the festival is to commemorate our Day of Independence and celebrate the spirit of America by creating festivities that instill a deeper sense of patriotism in the hearts of those involved.
Jack Thompson's purpose, on the other hand, is to file frivolous lawsuits, insult judges, file legal briefs comprised primarily of rebuses, demand the indictment of public officials who disagree with him, blather about loyalty oaths, and invoke Jesus Christ in an effort to ward off his imminent disbarment.
Those things are totally patriotic. A lot of our greatest Americans, icons of patriotism, were complete vexatious litigant whackjobs. Abraham Lincoln? Clinically depressed lawyer. Joe McCarthy? Paranoid-schitzo drunk. And so on.
So best of luck to the good citizens of Utah in celebrating Mr. Thompson. Make sure none of the carnival games encourages violence.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- DoJ's Gag Order On Reason Has Been Lifted -- But The Real Story Is More Outrageous Than We Thought - June 22nd, 2015
- "Bald, Fat & Crazy" -- A Book About Perseverance - June 19th, 2015
- Did The Department of Justice Get A Gag Order Silencing Reason About The Grand Jury Subpoena? - June 18th, 2015
- Partial Victory In Patterico's Free Speech Case Before Ninth Circuit - June 15th, 2015
- Department Of Justice Uses Grand Jury Subpoena To Identify Anonymous Commenters on a Silk Road Post at Reason.com - June 8th, 2015