Jack Thompson: American Hero of Freedom.
You heard that right. Jack Thompson, crusading (constantly) lawyer (for the moment), whose batshit insane antics we've frequently discussed here, is going to be honored as an America pro-freedom hero. The award is to be bestowed by something called America's Freedom Festival in Utah.
The purpose of the festival is to commemorate our Day of Independence and celebrate the spirit of America by creating festivities that instill a deeper sense of patriotism in the hearts of those involved.
Jack Thompson's purpose, on the other hand, is to file frivolous lawsuits, insult judges, file legal briefs comprised primarily of rebuses, demand the indictment of public officials who disagree with him, blather about loyalty oaths, and invoke Jesus Christ in an effort to ward off his imminent disbarment.
Those things are totally patriotic. A lot of our greatest Americans, icons of patriotism, were complete vexatious litigant whackjobs. Abraham Lincoln? Clinically depressed lawyer. Joe McCarthy? Paranoid-schitzo drunk. And so on.
So best of luck to the good citizens of Utah in celebrating Mr. Thompson. Make sure none of the carnival games encourages violence.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Satire vs. Potentially Defamatory Factual Statements: An Illustration - September 2nd, 2015
- Patterico Prevails: Vexatious Legal Attack on Speech Fails - September 2nd, 2015
- Prior Restraint of Daily Iberian More Outrageous Than We Feared - August 31st, 2015
- Louisiana Judge Issues Ludicrously Lawless Takedown Order To Newspaper - August 27th, 2015
- Lawyer Threatens Yelp Reviewer With Lawsuit, Is Wrong - August 25th, 2015