It's not TV. It's favorite characters dying abruptly.
Big news for George R.R. Martin – Song of Ice and Fire – Game of Thrones fans, of which I am one. As we wrote about here, HBO has been toying with producing a series based on Martin's Song of Ice and Fire books, starting with A Game of Thrones. But it's all been hypothetical, possible, in-development stuff.
This is tremendously cool for Martin fans like me. HBO is the one network that I'd trust to do the book some justice.
I think it's about time to warm up a new post about suggested casting and how the series will, by necessity, be different than the book. I expect a lot of fanboi rage about every deviation from the books — as if a TV series and a book were the same art form.
More on the story:
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- What Did A Federal Prosecutor Need To Get A Gag Order On Reason Magazine? Pitifully Little. - July 9th, 2015
- Lawsplainer: So Are Those Christian Cake-Bakers In Oregon Unconstitutionally Gagged, Or Not? - July 8th, 2015
- Donald Trump's Lawyers Don't Know Or Don't Care What Defamation Is - July 1st, 2015
- No, Federal Grand Jurors Do Not Issue Federal Grand Jury Subpoenas - June 25th, 2015
- Is "No, I Didn't Do It" Defamatory? The Bill Cosby Defamation Case - June 24th, 2015