A Brief Moment Of Gloating
Winning motions to dismiss and motions for summary judgment and even trials is great, no doubt. It feels good.
But I don't think I enjoy winning anything more than an anti-SLAPP motion.
You acted like a thug and tried to silence my client. Now you're gonna pay my fees. BOOYAH!
I'm disappointed I didn't get to be at oral argument. I wanted to see the expression on their faces, and shake their hands afterwards.
Edit five hours later:
HAH! Tentative on another hearing tomorrow: WIN! What is best in life? TO CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, TO DRIVE THEM BEFORE YOU, TO HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF THEIR ASSOCIATES! FLEE, PUNY MORTALS! NONE CAN ESCAPE MY INEXORABLE BRIEF-WRITING SKILLS! BWAHAHAHAHA!
Okay, too much diet Coke.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Minnesota Court Rules That Criminal Libel Statute Is Unconstitutional - May 27th, 2015
- Post-Holiday Deadly-Sin-of-Pride Open Thread - May 26th, 2015
- Happy To Be Here - May 21st, 2015
- How To Spot And Critique Censorship Tropes In The Media's Coverage Of Free Speech Controversies - May 19th, 2015
- Lawsplainer: The Proposed Federal Anti-SLAPP Act: What It Would Do, Why It's Important - May 18th, 2015