I don't mean to pick on Great Britain this week or anything. I'm just warmed by the notion that in the face of anti-crime hysteria, another country has the capacity to act like even more of an ass than my own. Case in point: in an effort to profit from England's terror over knives, manufacturers are offering anti-stab knives. No, really.
The knife is expected to sell for around £40-50 and has been tested with “very favourable” results by the Home Office’s Design and Technology Alliance – set up to research products that can deter crime.
If someone makes whiffle cricket bats, buy their stock now.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Prior Restraint of Daily Iberian More Outrageous Than We Feared - August 31st, 2015
- Louisiana Judge Issues Ludicrously Lawless Takedown Order To Newspaper - August 27th, 2015
- Lawyer Threatens Yelp Reviewer With Lawsuit, Is Wrong - August 25th, 2015
- Lawsplainer: How Did the Fifth Circuit Narrow Student Free Speech Rights? - August 24th, 2015
- Ninth Circuit Harshly Scrutinizes Law Enforcement Leak, Threatens Sanctions Against Department of Justice - August 20th, 2015