Does Florida Have Competition?
Florida has been the undisputed comedy king when it comes to stupid laws & legislators for a long time, but there's a new contender for the title – Arizona. When it was just ridiculous anti immigration laws and open carry in bars, they were just a solid red state (with the occasional weird McCain outburst, or scary Joe Arpaio types adding wackiness..) But now they are truly venturing into Florida territory with a new law that requires candidates for President to provide a birth certificate to be listed on the ballot.
So, are we to believe that the state is run by Birthers? Are they at all worried that (convenient Senate resolutions aside) their law might have kept favorite son John McCain from being on the ballot? Other than a small lunatic fringe, is there really anyone who thinks Obama does not meet the requirements to be President?
This law is political posturing at best, and will hopefully bring the state all the mockery it so richly deserves.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010