In Which I Indulge In The Very Appalling Elitist Liberal Sneering That is Destroying America

1. Go to Youropenbook.org, which allows you to search the Facebook status of people who have not, for whatever reason, made their accounts private.

2. Search for the word "mosk," which is the way that you might, under some circumstances, spell mosque.

3. Weep.

You'll find two categories of posts:

1. Frightening drivel about the whole "Ground Zero Mosque" thing,

and

2. Elitist assholes (guilty!) and hipster douchebags talking about this search as a result of this Wonkette article. (More specifically, people who are both (a) elitist asssholes/hipster douchebags who like to make fun of sub-literacy and (b) too stupid to set their Facebook settings properly, even after reading a post making fun of people who don't set their Facebook settings properly.)

Nobody is talking about Judge Stanley Mosk. It's a damned shame.

Post your favorite example of either type that you find in the comments.

My favorite so far:

"If the people who are building this Mosk at ground zero are American, Would we consider them to be committing Treasen? I believe so!"

Comments

1. buttly says

for you to be an elitist you would first have to be a member of some elite and for that you would need to be good at something hth

That's an excellent point, buttly. Thank you.

Although anyone who ever went to an Ivy League school will tell you that you can be elite without ever having been good for anything whatsoever.

3. LawMonkey says

This makes me want to visit my local mosk to celebrate Radaman as a symbol of solidarity.

"Brownie points to anyone who can help me identify a word likely to be spelled wrong by left-wing loonies to conduct a similar elitist study of them."

Does a Democrat-voting, socialized-medicine-lovin', bankster-picketin', AFL-CIO member count as a "left-wing loonie"? Because, if so, I'd suggest "mosk".

;)

Dammit, there was supposed to be a "dues-payin'" in there in the appropriate slot.

I really need to proofread before I hit "submit".

6. Imaginary Lawyer says

This makes me want to finally post a rant about the Stanley Mosk Courthouse in LA. Who designed that thing, Bloody Stupid Johnson? Did they deliberately make it a Faraday cage?

7. Robert says

How about "roomate" [sic]. Since many liberals are poor (because they don't believe in Hard Work) they're forced to have roommates. And they very often misspell it.

8. Robert says

Actually a search for "mosk" showed people are aware of the search. But some made things worse by saying "I don't care if I mispell it". And I don't think "misspell" was misspelled ironically.

9. George says

How about elitists who can't spell "asshole" properly?

10. JR says

Many left-wing loonies like to spell "America" with a k, as in "Amerika", and the really looney ones like to spell it "Amerikkka" (three k's, get it? So clever!)

11. K says

How, exactly, does having a non-private Facebook account make one "too stupid to set their Facebook settings properly"?

I don't give a squirrel's shite about who sees my Facebook profile or status.

I guess I'm such an idiot that I didn't even realize it!

Liberals tend to come from higher-class, more affluent backgrounds than conservatives, who are largely working-class. They therefore produce a better-educated brand of idiot.

Also, they therefore tend to conflate "education" with "intelligence." (Anyone tempted to make that mistake could do well by recalling George W. Bush managed to graduate both Yale University and Harvard Business School while being a complete idiot.)

13. James H says

Libarels are more educationed, intelligented, handsomer, athleticallized, and genarely more better peopel then you're avarege conservetives. So you will find no erors.

I leen to the left, so I get to set the standerds in my coment. So theyre.

14. Patrick says

I added a number of spelling and grammatical errors to your comment James, because I set standards here more generally.

15. DensityDuck says

This isn't a new thing; remember "THEY TOOK OUR JOBS" becoming "DEY TURK ARE JERBS" and finally ending up as "TERKERJERBS!"

That's the hipster way to make fun of people; don't discuss the person or the thing they're doing, just say something that was funny to someone else at some time in the past, and it's a code phrase for "this person is being stupid and therefore should be mocked".