If you didn't see "Inception" in theaters, it's available on DVD and Blu-Ray on December 7.
I didn't write about it while it was big, but "Inception" is the best mainstream movie I've seen in years. A wonderfully satisfying thriller with a mild science / speculative fiction tinge, an intentionally Hitchockian aesthetic, and as much appeal for women as for men (a rarity in techno-thrillers).
And it's as good as Hitchcock at his best. It's as good as "Vertigo," which is to say that it's a nearly perfect film that will be as great fifty years from now as it is today. If you have a special someone, this is the stocking stuffer to get.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- Do Judges Have Inherent Dignity? - July 7th, 2015
- Adam Steinbaugh - June 23rd, 2015
- Media Coverage Of The Reason Debacle - June 11th, 2015
- Just A Couple Of Questions About Lynch Mobs - April 23rd, 2015
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility For Chip McGee's Feelz. And For Wombats. - January 30th, 2015