Popehat Sends Up The Anti-SLAPP Signal
I'm trying to figure out how to help two people facing SLAPP suits — one in Maine, one in Maryland. Both have contacted me, directly or indirectly, based on things we've written here.
In a super-awesome world, I'd connect them with experienced litigators with First Amendment experience admitted in those states willing to help them pro bono (neither has money).
In a still pretty awesome world, I'd find litigators admitted in those states who could act as local counsel while I do the work.
In a reasonably awesome world, I'd get references to people who might help.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Any help is much appreciated and contributes to fighting SLAPP suits nationwide.
Shoot me an email at ken at popehat dot com.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Happy To Be Here - May 21st, 2015
- How To Spot And Critique Censorship Tropes In The Media's Coverage Of Free Speech Controversies - May 19th, 2015
- Lawsplainer: The Proposed Federal Anti-SLAPP Act: What It Would Do, Why It's Important - May 18th, 2015
- Ville de Granby Takes The Lead In Protecting Endangered Official Feels - May 7th, 2015
- Two Stories About The Criminal Justice System And Consequences - May 6th, 2015