The Popehat Signal: Calling Bloggers FOR GREAT JUSTICE

The Popehat Signal

The response to this Popehat Signal has been awesome and touching. I'm taking down the details now for strategic reasons. Thanks to all.

Comments

I'm game, although I must warn you that the last time I took on a crazy person with a bunch of other bloggers, it was a helluva war for a very, very long time.

Oh, and we've got a long history of the dealing with the crazy at Debunkers, some of the famous crazy in fact. As an example, we ran into Deb Frisch before Protein Wisdom heard of her.

3. Shay says

Rene Najera, who had to close down her blog when anti-vaxx loons began bombarding her employer with hate mail. You may be able to contact her via Orac at Respectful Insolence.

4. Shay says

Oops. Completely misunderstood that post. That'll learn me to leave my glasses on when I'm reading.

Certainly.

7. Joe Pullen says

Have pinged Mr. Rollins at the Legal Schnauzer blog to see if he can assist. He has faced similar situations in the past and his blog sees a fair amount of traffic.

8. Jag says

I don't have a blog, but I would be more than happy to utilize the comment spam skills I learned at Popehat.

"There comes a time in the life of every human when he or she must decide to risk "his life, his fortune, and his sacred honor" on an outcome dubious. Those who fail the challenge are merely overgrown children, can never be anything else." -R. A. Heinlein

My blog is mostly about beer and brewing, and I update it only infrequently, but I'll be damned if I let the cause of free speech go undefended! I'm in.

So I take it you've got enough bloggers for whatever cause it is that you are currently forwarding? because I got here a ltitle too late, apparently, and am curious now what this is all about.

Can I help? My blog is small and poorly trafficked, but if I get to piss off censors, i'll fire it back up in a second…

11. Dan says

Somehow I got here too late. I just caught up on my Popehat reading around midday yesterday. Now not knowing what this is all about is going to drive me nuts. I do have a non-law blog with modest traffic, for what it's worth.

Ken, I have an advertising blog, which isn't much, but at least something. I could maybe find a hook with the TSA twitter as well.

I believe I have now emailed everyone who offered to help. Check your spam filters if you missed it. Send me an email at ken at popehat if you did not. Thanks so much.

If you still need more help, I can help. Professional writer/researcher (now very old political science candidate) with a solid legal background.

If it is about Najera, I have some public health research background.

Trackbacks

1. […] When she turned her attention to Kevin Padrick, there wasn't much he could do about it except take the traditional road of filing a lawsuit. While that was successful, the damage was done — and seemingly couldn't be undone. Other parties, who contacted me directly, told me of how they too had been victimized by her. Fortunately for her future victims, she decided to turn her attention to me. And fortunately for me, and her future victims, I have a strong belief in the superiority of using free speech to combat bad speech (without saying that other means are, per se, wrong). More fortunately, so do a lot of law bloggers. […]