Chilling Tales of Crazy/Evil
Stuff I've written here has gotten crazy people, vengeful people, and very nasty people angry at me. Some have acted on it in various annoying and occasionally unsettling ways. Some of it you know about, some of it you don't. Sometimes you've heard about it; sometimes you haven't. I'm still here.
But I haven't experienced anything like what blogger blogger Aaron Worthing has experienced as a consequence of his writing about the astoundingly vile and terrifyingly sociopathic Brett Kimberlin, who for reasons that passeth understanding is still a darling to certain political activists despite the contemptible life he has led and continues to lead.
Aaron's story is quite long. (We had a tiny, tiny piece of it here.) But he supports it with primary documents and video recordings, and ultimately it's a wrenching depiction of how the system doesn't prevent crazy and/or evil people from victimizing innocents — a depiction of how the system can be the instrument of such victimization. It's not a pretty story, but it's worth reading.
Edited to add: Welcome, visitors. For a story about another person pursued by a vengeful crazy, consider the story of Crystal Cox. Coverage of broader free speech issues in general is under our free speech tag. For examples of how, in my humble opinion, one ought to respond to legal threats, consider this or this — though neither of those involved malevolence on the level that Aaron has had to endure.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Minnesota Court Rules That Criminal Libel Statute Is Unconstitutional - May 27th, 2015
- Post-Holiday Deadly-Sin-of-Pride Open Thread - May 26th, 2015
- Happy To Be Here - May 21st, 2015
- How To Spot And Critique Censorship Tropes In The Media's Coverage Of Free Speech Controversies - May 19th, 2015
- Lawsplainer: The Proposed Federal Anti-SLAPP Act: What It Would Do, Why It's Important - May 18th, 2015