I'm putting up the Popehat Signal. As regular readers know, it usually goes up to seek pro bono help for people threatened with unjust censorship.
Today I need a federal criminal practitioner in the Middle District of Florida, or admitted there and familiar with its courts. I need this person to help and advise a blogger who is being unjustly threatened with criminal consequences for his blogging. I believe, based on what I've seen, that this person is being threatened with criminal consequences because of what he has written about Brett Kimberlin and his crew. That is, of course, completely consistent with what our system allows to happen to people who want to exercise their First Amendment rights regarding Kimberlin and his crew. Because of this person's health, and the state of health care in our prisons, the unjust consequences he faces are quite literally life-threatening.
In connection with the same matter, I also need someone in the Middle District of Tennessee, or at least admitted there and familiar with its courts.
Please do not speculate on the identity of the person. It's not helpful.
Thanks in advance for any help. If you care about the Kimberlin matter, this one is worth it.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- In Re: Writ of Pony - September 4th, 2015
- A Tale of Two Consequences For Censorious Asshattery - September 3rd, 2015
- Satire vs. Potentially Defamatory Factual Statements: An Illustration - September 2nd, 2015
- Patterico Prevails: Vexatious Legal Attack on Speech Fails - September 2nd, 2015
- Prior Restraint of Daily Iberian More Outrageous Than We Feared - August 31st, 2015