Paste: It's What's For Dinner
If you don't follow Tam at View from the Porch — aka Books Bikes Boomsticks — you are missing out. Tam's funny, whimsical, and a reliable reporter of infuriating Nanny-statism.
Tam also has a knack for a one-liner. Recently a commenter at the site objected to Tam linking and discussing a post here. The commenter apparently has a low opinion of me as a consequence of this post and my moderation of its comments; in response to a post about rude and socially maladjusted things people say to adoptive parents, commenter "justthisguy" saw fit to start articulating odd, off-key and frankly disturbing theories about non-kin adoptive parents being potential abusers. Inasmuch as this is my living room, I grew tired and somewhat creeped out by him, adjudged him a troll or a nutter, and moderated him as I saw fit.
justthisguy: Tam, why do you continue to link to Shithat, or Popehead, or Ken, or whatever he calls himself? That creature seems to have no class and no honesty, which figures, seeing that he is both a californian and a lawyer.
I recall making a thoughtful, honest, polite comment on his blog, and seeing him delete what I wrote, replacing what I wrote with the words, "I eat paste."
I believe my comment was about the in-advisability of non-kin adoptions, in general. I do wish his non-kin adopted kids well, and hope that he will refrain from abusing them, seeing that stepfathers and adoptive fathers are statistically more likely to abuse their kids than are natural fathers.
Tam: How did it taste?
Boom, as they say.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Lawsplainer: So Are Those Christian Cake-Bakers In Oregon Unconstitutionally Gagged, Or Not? - July 8th, 2015
- Donald Trump's Lawyers Don't Know Or Don't Care What Defamation Is - July 1st, 2015
- No, Federal Grand Jurors Do Not Issue Federal Grand Jury Subpoenas - June 25th, 2015
- Is "No, I Didn't Do It" Defamatory? The Bill Cosby Defamation Case - June 24th, 2015
- DoJ's Gag Order On Reason Has Been Lifted -- But The Real Story Is More Outrageous Than We Thought - June 22nd, 2015