No Elaborate Scam. Sorry.

I'm not participating in any elaborate April Fool's joke this year. But if you are in the mood, have a flashback instead.

There's the greatest prosecutorial practical joke ever.

There's the time Patrick had to shut down his satirical North Korean Twitter account because a newspaper took it seriously.

There was the April Fools joke about Senator Lieberman.

There was the meta-joke about jokes by Patrick.

And there was the Turkewitz joke, which displays Patrick's talent for staying in character.

Comments

1. En Passant says

So, does this mean it's not true that North Korea turned down Prenda's application for asylum?

2. David says

The prosecutorial practical joke, is a little disturbing. Not that it was pulled, that was a riot. The question I had was why was he looking for a way to give authorization? Is this not a simple no? The person was looking to possibly kill 1 or more suspects and possible civilians because they suspected drug possession.

If an agent calls and says I think someone has drugs can I get authorization to shoot them and possibly some other citizens too? I would think the answer would be NO and you did not need to cross reference the manual to arrive at that conclusion.

David: it seems obvious to you now. But bear in mind he was a rookie, with a purported DEA agent yelling in his ear. That's the joke.

4. Merissa says

The comments on the Turkewitz as official White House law blogger deal are solid platinum.

Suggestion for a followup post: A link dump of butthurt comments on some of today's April Fools' pranks. From what I understand, there are some salty tears being shed over Google's YouTube prank.

6. wgering says

Or maybe the lack of scam is a scam! Like some sort of meta-scam! Hah, can't fool me, pony-lovers! You'll never get my paste!

"So you have to be very careful; what seems like a scam may not be a scam, but somebody may try to turn it into a scam. But that in itself may be the scam!"

8. Michael S. says

Am I the only one that read the 'DEA Agent' part of that bit in the voice of Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer?

9. Michael K. says

I particularly enjoyed your use of "Conduct yourselves accordingly" at the end of the Lieberman write-up, as if you knew you weren't nearly enough of a pompous douchebag to employ "Govern."

10. goober says

"I'm not participating in any elaborate April Fool's joke this year."

You've conditioned me over the years to get very cautious and nervous when you say things like this. Sure, Ken, you may not be. But do you speak for the rest of you magnificent bastards?

I was very surprised when the entire day passed and no prank was had. Which actually means that you pranked me by doing absolutely nothing.

Son of a bitch!

11. David says

Google actually live-streamed 12 hours of the YouTube "best video" nominations. That is dedication.