Journal of the Great Shutdown, Day Eight
My credit card was declined when I tried to buy ammunition this morning. At first I thought the financial system had finally crashed, but my bank told me that the actual problem was the six pallets of Vienna Sausages I special ordered at Costco.
The first rule of post apocalypse club is to adapt, and I've adapted. I've emptied out Mrs. Clark's IRA – it's not like any of us is going to retire anyway.
I invited the Craigslist blacksmith over (his hourly rate is high, but it's surprisingly affordable when you realize that dollars are going to be worthless by this time next week). Turns out he's pretty handy at welding and is teaching me to "stick weld". The family minivan should be supercharged and up-armored by the time dinner (spam, tang, and matzo) is on the table. That project means that I have little time for further blogging, but in the mean time Nick Gillespie & Meredith Bragg have stepped up to fill the void.
If you haven't already stocked up on food, it's probably too late…but I suspect that the animal shelters still have cats.
You know what to do.
Last 5 posts by Clark
- Two Kinds of Freedom of Speech (or #Strangeloop vs. Curtis Yarvin) - June 10th, 2015
- Mad Max: Actually, It's About Ethics In Truck Driving - May 28th, 2015
- The Ken vs Vox Day Slap Fight - May 23rd, 2015
- The Upward Surge of Mankind - March 5th, 2015
- The Sincerest Form of Flattery - November 3rd, 2014