The Road To Popehat: Questions With No Answers Edition

It's time for the Road to Popehat: the feature in which we check our traffic logs to see what searches brought you here, and then think that maybe reality TV isn't so unreal after all.

This time: searchers used the following inquiries to reach Popehat in the month of November.

HOW DOES MODERN LITERATURE SHOW THAT COLLECTIVE SOCIAL VALUES ARE NOT PARTICULARLY MEANINGFUL LEADING TO
FAITHLESSNESS SKEPTICISM AND A CONFUSED SENSE OF IDENTITY

do you get pepper sprayed or tazed to become a criminal psychologist

explain the reasons why there is absence of oxygen haemonculus using an example of an insect

Which drag queen is going to be at climax in Modesto?

law suits threaten me?

how does voluntary work in situations where a person commits a voluntary act with involuntary consequences (such as drunk driving?

can i be sued for publicly calling someone an asshole?

how to write a blackmail letter that your lawyer suggested

does rhetoric have reductive consequences?

what feelings does this speech evoke in readers? a. hostility and anger c. sadness and sympathy b. neutrality and objectivity d. cool restraint

when will comcast sounds of seasons play christmas music?

Consequencies of using candle, finger or any object to satisfy ones urge?

how do we called lowyer?

I think only about 10% of these people found what they were looking for.

Comments

1. Lago says

Consequencies of using candle, finger or any object to satisfy ones urge?

I love how a legal blog is a hit for this search.

2. Aaron says

"Consequencies of using candle, finger or any object to satisfy ones urge?"

Not sure, but somehow it seems oddly appropriate someone would somehow find their way here from this search. Probably has to do with some of the things bad lawyers/companies/etc are trying to pull.

BTW, I'm still anxiously awaiting the next Prenda story. Just the gift that keeps on giving, and giving, and giving. Wait…maybe that's how that search leads here…

3. EdgeOfThePal says

Well, What's the answer to "can i be sued for publicly calling someone an asshole?"

My wife once called the city's building inspector a "lying sack of sh!!" during a meeting. But that was ok, because he was. And a thief as well.

4. Ernie Menard says

This is off topic, but it's something I just need to say somewhere where persons might understand the import.

In an unpublished opinion the Louisiana 4th Circuit Court of Appeals reversed Herring v. New York. The La. Supreme Ct. denied cert.

Thank you very much.

5. EdgeOfThePal says

Just curious about the moderation thing. I've posted here before. Is it because I used a word in my comment that Ken used in his post? Or has it been so long I have to be remoderated. Inquiring minds and all that
    Well it must not be my 'language'.

>> how to write a blackmail letter that your lawyer suggested

So anything we need to know that isn't covered under privilege Ken? … Enquiring minds and all that *snorts*

7. MattD says

I do want to know what kind of lawyer might suggest one write a blackmail letter.

Or, if you were to write a letter no matter what, how a lawyer might suggest you word it.

@EdgeOfThePal
    Moderation heuristics:
    (1) email provided is not in database of previously approved commenters
    (2) post contains more links than the configured threshold of tolerance
    (3) secret sauce

9. AlphaCentauri says

Maybe autocorrect turned haemolymph in to haemonculus? (Haemolymph/hemolymph is the blood of insects, but it usually isn't used for oxygen transport.)

10. Ron Larson says

I heard that in the lobby at Google's HQ is a large monitor that shows what people are searching for at that time. I've never been there. But I reckon that has to be a fascinating read. And if true, it wonder if they filter out naughty queries before showing it in the lobby.

I reckon watching it for a while might make you weep for humanity.

Can we do a fund raiser to buy Popehat the adword "lowyer"?

11. Anony Mouse says

Man… web searching sure has come a long way from using Boolean search terms in Altavista or Lycos.<</old>

<old>Remember when Altavista (which was great in its day) had to be found at altavista.digital.com because some dude who could not be bought owned altavista.com?</old>

@Shelby, yeah. I was tempted by a couple of those.

13. Mark - Lord of the Albino Squirrels says

how do we called lowyer?

With difficulty. Angus has trouble with phone and type.
    Hope he's doing ok.