Takei on Phelps
On the topic of gay marriage, I'm pretty old fashioned.
…by which I mean I believe what goes on in a marriage contract is between two or more people, their lawyers, and their goðar / non-governmental polycentric legal service providers.
As a non aligned bystander in the left-vs-right culture wars, I'm not as much a reflexively huge fan of George Takei as some people are.
Then I saw this:
I take no solace or joy in this man's passing. We will not dance upon his grave, nor stand vigil at his funeral holding "God Hates Freds" signs, tempting as it may be.
He was a tormented soul, who tormented so many. Hate never wins out in the end. It instead goes always to its lonely, dusty end.
Well done, sir.
Last 5 posts by Clark
- Two Kinds of Freedom of Speech (or #Strangeloop vs. Curtis Yarvin) - June 10th, 2015
- Mad Max: Actually, It's About Ethics In Truck Driving - May 28th, 2015
- The Ken vs Vox Day Slap Fight - May 23rd, 2015
- The Upward Surge of Mankind - March 5th, 2015
- The Sincerest Form of Flattery - November 3rd, 2014