The exceptional Language Log — which Patrick, not unreasonably, likes to call the best blog ever — has a post chock-full of both thought and humor about whether it's nice for native English speakers to make fun of hilarious mistranslations into English, and why such mistakes happen even in formal contexts, when some sort of proofreading might reasonably be expected. In case you're a shallow fellow like me and don't care, it also has a selection of the best of such mistranslations. Knock yourself out.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Signal Update: Awesome Team Gets Great Appellate Result in Frivolous Case By AIDS Denier - May 3rd, 2016
- Bleg: External Storage Devices For iOS? Wireless or not. - May 2nd, 2016
- How To Write (Or Solicit) A Good Letter Supporting A Defendant At Sentencing - April 29th, 2016
- Marc Randazza Wrote An Amicus Brief About Klingon, And It's Magnificent - April 28th, 2016
- Regarding That Oklahoma Rape Decision You're Outraged About - April 28th, 2016