Journalists, remember: if you report about somebody's kid, and fail to point out prominently that this kid was adopted — even if it's 35 years later — you run the terrible risk that someone will conclude an a kid who was adopted into a family is just as much a family member as a kid who was born into a family.
And we can't have that.
Rest in peace, Lark Previn — I'm sure you will be mourned by your parents just as profoundly as any biological child would have been.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- RIP Abe Doe - October 21st, 2016
- Lawsplainer: The Ninth Circuit and Compelled Speech About Abortion - October 17th, 2016
- Thanks and Congrats To Dhillon Law Group For Important Pro-Bono Anti-SLAPP Win - October 10th, 2016
- Hillary Clinton, the Sixth Amendment, and Legal Ethics - October 10th, 2016
- FIRE Attacks Northern Michigan University's Shocking, Wanton Rule Against Students Sharing Suicidal Thoughts - September 22nd, 2016