When I introduced the Golden Asshat, I really didn't think I would be inspired to award the prize again.
The criteria for this award are simple. You must impress us, not as merely an asshat, but as such a superlative and spectacular asshat as to merit the special recognition that can only be given a Golden Asshat.
But David Cohen, editorial cartoonist for the Asheville Citizen Times, a rather good small-medium market paper in western North Carolina, certainly earned his Golden Asshat with this February 9 cartoon.
The award is well-deserved. If you agree, won't you let Cohen's newspaper know that?
Via Fritinancy, through Twitter.
Edit: 2/12/2009 Dave Russell, who says he works for the Citizen Times, sends this message through comments:
Please note this cartoon did not run in the Asheville Citizen-Times — not in print, not online. I work on the editorial pages of the AC-T and he did not even submit this one to us for consideration. We would not have accepted it for publication.
You may read more of Mr. Russell's message, and my response, in the comments to this post. Thanks to Mr. Russell for the update.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- The Fur Flies In Jupiter - March 30th, 2016
- Statement Of Dear Leader And In-House Counsel Joel Pollak Denouncing Criminal Acts Of Traitor Fields-Shapiro Gang - March 14th, 2016
- Atlas Mugged - January 28th, 2016
- Successful People Are 100% Convinced That They Are Masters Of Their Own Destiny - December 31st, 2015
- 2015 Person Of The Year: David Brooks - December 30th, 2015