I remember when it was quite the achievement that satellites could show the Great Wall of China, the most visible man-made object on Earth, in great detail. Now, the International Space Station is poised soon to eclipse Venus, not literally but figuratively and only at some times, as a visible object in the solar system. Soon enough, the ISS will be visible to the keen-eyed without a telescope.
Someday the granchildren of my grandchildren, researching archaeology from the Ringworld, will find this post and smile. But my smile is wider, at this moment.
Via The Gormogons.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- Successful People Are 100% Convinced That They Are Masters Of Their Own Destiny - December 31st, 2015
- 2015 Person Of The Year: David Brooks - December 30th, 2015
- May 25, 1983 - December 19th, 2015
- Do Judges Have Inherent Dignity? - July 7th, 2015
- Adam Steinbaugh - June 23rd, 2015