Today marks the tenth anniversary of Walter Olson's launch of Overlawyered, which is one of the oldest existing weblogs, and probably the oldest weblog devoted exclusively to law and lawyers. The site still operates much to the chagrin of some lawyers and much to the edification and amusement of others. While portrayed by opponents as a "lawyer joke" site (untrue), or a "lawyer-bashing" site (arguably more true), Overlawyered also serves as a warning of the danger of litigation run amuck, and a "Don't get too big for your britches" message to a profession that combines power and self-importance in equal measure.
Mr. Olson has been very generous to this small site, for which we thank him. If you've never had a blog of your own, believe me the feat of keeping a non-commercial site of high quality running, mostly as a one man show, for ten years is an impressive one.
Here's to ten more years for Overlawyered. And may your name never be featured there.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- Ask Stalin - July 11th, 2016
- Ask Popehat! Joe Manchin Edition - June 16th, 2016
- Stellaris - May 13th, 2016
- The Fur Flies In Jupiter - March 30th, 2016
- Statement Of Dear Leader And In-House Counsel Joel Pollak Denouncing Criminal Acts Of Traitor Fields-Shapiro Gang - March 14th, 2016