I took the kids to brunch at our favorite local diner this morning. They usually have classic rock playing from a jukebox. Today they had a 40's music CD going.
I had never previously heard "Bongo Bongo Bongo I don't want to leave the Congo" played in a non-ironic fashion. (I know if from Fallout 3, where its use is definitely satirical.) Several people nearby were looking incredulously at the jukebox. Even the kids thought it was odd. "Daddy," asked Evan, "Is he saying 'bongo bongo bongo?"
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Bad Reporting on Matthew Keys' Possible Sentence Conceals Prosecutorial Power - October 8th, 2015
- This Royal Throne of Feels, This Sheltered Isle, This England - October 6th, 2015
- In Space, No One Can Hear You Threaten Lawsuits - October 4th, 2015
- Down With Peeple - October 1st, 2015
- Ninth Circuit Imposes (Some) Limits On Cops Yanking Things Out of Your Ass - September 30th, 2015