I took the kids to brunch at our favorite local diner this morning. They usually have classic rock playing from a jukebox. Today they had a 40's music CD going.
I had never previously heard "Bongo Bongo Bongo I don't want to leave the Congo" played in a non-ironic fashion. (I know if from Fallout 3, where its use is definitely satirical.) Several people nearby were looking incredulously at the jukebox. Even the kids thought it was odd. "Daddy," asked Evan, "Is he saying 'bongo bongo bongo?"
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- If LawBot Wants To Know About My Anus I'm Sure It Has A Reason - October 26th, 2016
- Popehat Signal: Help Defend A Seuss-Trek Parody Under Fair Use - October 26th, 2016
- RIP Abe Doe - October 21st, 2016
- Lawsplainer: The Ninth Circuit and Compelled Speech About Abortion - October 17th, 2016
- Thanks and Congrats To Dhillon Law Group For Important Pro-Bono Anti-SLAPP Win - October 10th, 2016