I took the kids to brunch at our favorite local diner this morning. They usually have classic rock playing from a jukebox. Today they had a 40's music CD going.
I had never previously heard "Bongo Bongo Bongo I don't want to leave the Congo" played in a non-ironic fashion. (I know if from Fallout 3, where its use is definitely satirical.) Several people nearby were looking incredulously at the jukebox. Even the kids thought it was odd. "Daddy," asked Evan, "Is he saying 'bongo bongo bongo?"
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Cracked Drunkenly Paws At Free Speech Theory Again - December 5th, 2016
- Update on The Popehat Podcast - November 30th, 2016
- Lawsplainer: Why Flag Burning Matters, And How It Relates To Crush Videos - November 29th, 2016
- Update: Ninth Circuit Rejects Attack on "Comfort Women" Monument - November 28th, 2016
- True Threats v. Protected Speech, Post-Election Edition - November 16th, 2016