Could some Swiftian good come from California's ridiculous ballot procedure? A Sacramento man wants to put an initiative on the ballot to ban divorce to protect the sanctity of marriage. It's a nice shot at the yahoos behind Proposition 8.
John Marcotte is behind the idea, and is currently seeking signers for petitions to get the initiative on the ballot. If I see one of those, I will sign it in a second!
His symbol is a bride & groom stick figure chained at the wrist, which is brilliant, and his website is full of fun stuff. Definitely worth checking out. I especialy enjoyed the brief piece he did on China's brief efforts to ban divorce.
This is a money quote to me: "Since California has decided to protect traditional marriage, I think it would be hypocritical of us not to sacrifice some of our own rights to protect traditional marriage even more," the 38-year-old married father of two said.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010