On one of the gun nut websites they referred to anyone with the temerity to suggest that someone needed to buy more than one gun a month as a "hoplophobe." It's defined as variously "fear of firearms" or "fear of armed citizens." I think they should really push the first definition. I may have a healthy dose of the first, but I have an irrational case of the latter.
As I have become more involved in this movement, I can honestly say that the people scare me far more than the guns.
I do wonder if you could call a fear of firearms a true phobia, or just good common sense though.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010