I'm simply going to suggest, with a hung jury on 23 of 24 counts against Rod Blagojevich, and a lone conviction on the penny ante charge of lying to the FBI, that the millions spent prosecuting him could have been put to better use.
What if the Justice Department had just released the tapes, allowed Blagojevich's impeachment to go forward, and then done nothing? He'd still be ruined, but he wouldn't look like a martyr (which he does now, in an odd way), and the FBI and the Justice Department wouldn't look like a gang of incompetent fools.
What if all that money had gone into solar powered windmills?
Mind you, I think that Blagojevich is guilty as sin. But that isn't why he was prosecuted. Most politicians are guilty as sin. Blagojevich was prosecuted for being stupid.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- The Fur Flies In Jupiter - March 30th, 2016
- Statement Of Dear Leader And In-House Counsel Joel Pollak Denouncing Criminal Acts Of Traitor Fields-Shapiro Gang - March 14th, 2016
- Atlas Mugged - January 28th, 2016
- Successful People Are 100% Convinced That They Are Masters Of Their Own Destiny - December 31st, 2015
- 2015 Person Of The Year: David Brooks - December 30th, 2015