Grandy reminded us all of how great Ultima IV was a few weeks ago. Sadly, there was a story today about how young people can't stand the game. A professor has his students play the game as part of a class on the Art & History of Videogames. It doesn't go well.
His students complain about not getting what is going on, and don't read any of the extra materials (is there a chicken & egg thing going on with the current depressing state of game manuals?) I guess they didn't even get to the dungeons that they had to map themselves, or the silly rune language on the map. Man, if they had trouble with this, imagine Wizardry I or even the original Bard's Tale?
Sigh, kids today.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010