who shows up out of nowhere. He won't tell you his name. He's not from around these parts. He just says what needs to be said, and moves on never to return. But the place is never the same.
I'm speaking, of course, about the abrasive first-time blog commenter who's just there to insult the author and his readers.
Generally we ignore or delete these people, but every once in a while it's nice to give one of them a thorough workout. The kind of workout where you can almost hear the author cracking his knuckles before hitting the keyboard.
This reply, to something calling itself HumboldtBlue, is a masterpiece of the genre.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- Successful People Are 100% Convinced That They Are Masters Of Their Own Destiny - December 31st, 2015
- 2015 Person Of The Year: David Brooks - December 30th, 2015
- May 25, 1983 - December 19th, 2015
- Do Judges Have Inherent Dignity? - July 7th, 2015
- Adam Steinbaugh - June 23rd, 2015