Friends on the west coast who haven't had a chance to see the premiere of AMC's The Walking Dead tonight, should.
I didn't expect to like it. I expected to see the first episode, satisfy myself that it wasn't worth watching, and move on. Though I'm a fan of George Romero, I don't like most zombie movies, because most zombie movies are, to put it plainly, awful.
But here we have a true contender. I highly recommend The Walking Dead to fans of George Romero or Max Brooks, but also to anyone (with a strong stomach) who enjoys a good suspense or horror yarn of any sort. On the evidence of one show, this will be a top notch television program.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- Do Judges Have Inherent Dignity? - July 7th, 2015
- Adam Steinbaugh - June 23rd, 2015
- Media Coverage Of The Reason Debacle - June 11th, 2015
- Just A Couple Of Questions About Lynch Mobs - April 23rd, 2015
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility For Chip McGee's Feelz. And For Wombats. - January 30th, 2015