When Sam Houston State mathematics professor Joe E. Kirk saw that phrase written on a student organization sponsored "free speech" wall, he first ordered students to remove it. When they refused, he attacked the wall with a box cutter.
The President's self-appointed censor, notably, did not savage a nearby inscription that read FUCK BUSH. Fortunately, the Sam Houston State University police responded to student complaints about the vandalism quickly…
By ordering the students to tear down the wall, or face a disorderly conduct charge.
Over 150 years ago, Sam Houston State's namesake proclaimed proudly that "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may." No doubt Sam Houston would be dismayed to find that the school named after him, led by faculty like Joe Kirk, is teaching young Texans exactly that: to submit to oppression.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- Ask Stalin - July 11th, 2016
- Ask Popehat! Joe Manchin Edition - June 16th, 2016
- Stellaris - May 13th, 2016
- The Fur Flies In Jupiter - March 30th, 2016
- Statement Of Dear Leader And In-House Counsel Joel Pollak Denouncing Criminal Acts Of Traitor Fields-Shapiro Gang - March 14th, 2016