Having lots of commenters on your blog is a wonderful thing.
Oh, the ones who consistently leave thoughtful and well-writen comments and engage in meaningful discussion of ideas? Yeah, sure. They're ok, I guess.
I was actually referring to the few who make utter fools of themselves. They don't show up too often. But when they do, the result can be beautiful.
Today's case in point: Ophelia Benson, who one suspects is not a strong booster of Sarah Palin, declined to publish a comment calling Ms. Palin a cunt. The commenter, one Nigel, professed disbelief that anyone would not welcome his trenchant commentary. Hilarity, as they say, ensues. Watch as Nigel works himself into a fury in reaching the conclusion that when people won't publish "Sarah Palin is a cunt" on their blog, THAT'S FASCISM. Also, protip: if it requires 10 paragraphs to justify why you are not being a dick, you are probably being a dick.
One last thing: if you don't want your name associated with such wankery, don't sign your name to abusive emails containing such wankery.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Update on The Popehat Podcast - November 30th, 2016
- Lawsplainer: Why Flag Burning Matters, And How It Relates To Crush Videos - November 29th, 2016
- Update: Ninth Circuit Rejects Attack on "Comfort Women" Monument - November 28th, 2016
- True Threats v. Protected Speech, Post-Election Edition - November 16th, 2016
- Lawsplainer: About Trump "Opening Up" Libel Laws - November 14th, 2016