I wish I knew the lawyer who turned these headlines:
RACY PHOTO FOUND IN LOCAL HIGH SCHOOL YEARBOOK
RACY YEARBOOK PHOTO BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION, OTHER PARENTS SAY
$100 HIGH SCHOOL YEARBOOK TAINTED WITH 'PORN' PHOTO, PARENTS SAY
DISTRICT SAYS STUDENT BARING GENITALS IN YEARBOOK WAS 'ACCIDENTAL' OR 'ILLUSION'
SCHOOL SYSTEM ISSUES SECOND RESPONSE TO YEARBOOK PHOTO CONTROVERSY
into the most abject and humiliating retraction I've ever read. I'd shake his hand. I'd buy him a beer.
Perhaps the ex-reporter at Charlotte, North Carolina's WSOC who is responsible for the stories and retraction could use a beer too.
We write a lot about abusive defamation suits, so it's worth remembering that They Also Serve who file these claims.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- Successful People Are 100% Convinced That They Are Masters Of Their Own Destiny - December 31st, 2015
- 2015 Person Of The Year: David Brooks - December 30th, 2015
- May 25, 1983 - December 19th, 2015
- Do Judges Have Inherent Dignity? - July 7th, 2015
- Adam Steinbaugh - June 23rd, 2015