Move along. Move along. Move along. Move along. Move along.

dp

Last 5 posts by David Byron

Comments

1. Jake says

So, is this related to the fact that somebody broke all of the links on popehat.com for about an hour today?

I just stand here and smile and things happen around me and I don't know why.

I am the Packlids and David is LaForge.

Seriously, how do you put a picture that looks like a button on a website that doesn't do anything when you push it. I'm so stupid I actually clicked it like 3 times…

4. MattS says

Kirk Taylor,

Don't feel bad. I was tempted to click it even knowing full well it wouldn't do anything.

"Ooh a button! What does this button do?"

5. Joe Pullen says

For some reason, this reminds me of one of the latest twitter comments/vague threats by Craig Brittain to Jams McGibney (Bullyville). Where he states: Basically it’s only a matter of time – we push the button, our attorney’s file the suit, and we collect for your malfeasance.

My first thought was – hey cool a “push button” attorney. My second was that Craig, as usual, has left out a few important steps such as (1) finding an attorney that will take the case without getting paid, and (2) finding a judge that won’t laugh it out of court.

6. Dan Weber says

It requires client-side Java, and there are 0-day attacks against Java coming out about every week. http://java-0day.com/

There is probably a Z-machine for your computer that will let you run whatever Infocom games you want.

7. mcinsand says

Mr. Weber,

Now you've done it! With the mention of Infocom, you brought back memories of 'The Leather Goddesses of Phobos!'

8. JLA Girl says

Damn, you Popehat, and your distracting ways. I'm supposed to be working, darn it!

Stupid bulldozer keeps killing me . . .

Damn, I feel old… I actually played the original.

Think that calls for a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster or three… Hey don't look at me like that I have my Towel, am currently wearing my Disaster Area T-Shirt, have a babble fish inserted, and even better it's Friday here.. Woot!

@David – I almost refused to push it again, assuming you were part of the plot to trick me, yet again, into clicking it. I'm not sure what it means that I finally succumbed and clicked, once again, this time to find a satisfying link to the Hitchhiker's Guide.
    If I push it again, does it go somewhere different? Do I dare…

11. Joe Pullen says

@GThompson – dude you are such a nerd :-) moreover I'm scared that I actually understand your reference points.

12. steve says

@David – I think your hardening broke using the RSS feed. I get 403 forbidden errors from Feedly. (But not from Google Reader, which is sadly going away.)