My past coverage of the Prenda Law saga is here.
In my description of the March 11 hearing regarding the Prenda Law saga before Judge Wright, I mentioned that one of the most dramatic moments was when attorney Morgan Pietz played voicemails that John Steele left for Alan Cooper immediately after Steele learned that Cooper was suing for misappropriation of his identity. I said that the voicemails made me feel sympathy for Mr. Cooper and revulsion for Mr. Steele, and that they suggested that Mr. Steele was attempting to threaten and menace Mr. Cooper to deter him from discussing the use of his name.
Today Mr. Pietz, as promised, has filed a transcript of the voicemails. Here it is. Review it, and draw your own conclusions.
A couple of highlights:
IT'S LIKE IF YOU REFUSE TO, YOU
KNOW, RETURN MY CALLS OR — OR ENGAGE IN MANDATORY
CONFERENCE, THEN I'M GOING TO HAVE TO BE FORCED TO
ASK THE JUDGE TO, YOU KNOW, FORCE YOU TO DO THINGS
AND IT JUST GETS UGLY FROM THERE.
I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT JUST IGNORING
LEGAL MATTERS, IT'S NOT GOING TO GO AWAY. I CAN
GUARANTEE YOU, I'M NOT GOING AWAY.
SO I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU, AT
LEAST, YOU KNOW, FOLLOW THE RULES OF MINNESOTA,
ILLINOIS, FLORIDA AND SOME OTHER STATES' SOON
CIVIL PROCEDURE BECAUSE, OTHERWISE, YOUR LIFE IS
GOING TO GET REALLY COMPLICATED.
AND I'M SAYING THIS AS A FRIEND, AS
WELL AS OPPOSING COUNSEL.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Cracked Drunkenly Paws At Free Speech Theory Again - December 5th, 2016
- Update on The Popehat Podcast - November 30th, 2016
- Lawsplainer: Why Flag Burning Matters, And How It Relates To Crush Videos - November 29th, 2016
- Update: Ninth Circuit Rejects Attack on "Comfort Women" Monument - November 28th, 2016
- True Threats v. Protected Speech, Post-Election Edition - November 16th, 2016