Friday I reported that Prenda Law had dismissed multiple cases in the Northern District of Illinois — including one in which they had already secured a default against the defendant.
Today I can report dismissals in three other districts. On Thursday, AF Holdings, LLC dismissed a case in Northern District of Georgia. Today — Sunday — AF Holdings LLC dismissed cases in the Eastern District of Michigan and the Western District of Michigan. (The beauty of the CM/ECF system used by federal courts is that you can file documents around the clock.)
The "Notice of Allegations" that Paul Duffy filed in Illinois wasn't filed in any of these cases. Different counsel represented AF Holdings in Georgia and Michigan.
Some Prenda Law cases brought on behalf of AF Holdings and Ingenuity 13 remain open. I'm watching them and will report any changes.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Update on The Popehat Podcast - November 30th, 2016
- Lawsplainer: Why Flag Burning Matters, And How It Relates To Crush Videos - November 29th, 2016
- Update: Ninth Circuit Rejects Attack on "Comfort Women" Monument - November 28th, 2016
- True Threats v. Protected Speech, Post-Election Edition - November 16th, 2016
- Lawsplainer: About Trump "Opening Up" Libel Laws - November 14th, 2016