The truth of Roy

viaangusI did not find Roy. I looked by the far barn and I looked by the weak fence and I looked by the weak fence. I stood in the wide of the field for a long time but Roy did not see me. The far barn has a fence with a fence so I did not go in there. But I made a loud word and I tried to hear a word from Roy.

Did he walk off? Why would he do that? I want to look at his tag to see if it is like my tag.

I sleep in the close barn. I like it there. The dark voice comes and talks to me and then I sleep. The man talks to me each day but he goes to the house at night. The dark voice says she is a naughty. I do not know what this means. She says I am a bull of bulls. She says the fence is in my head. I think she wants me to laugh at this but I am not sure. She knows a lot. She says if I learn all her hard words then she will tell me the truth of Roy. This is a good deal so I will try.

Last 5 posts by Via Angus

Comments

I think Roy was registered to vote and is now off helping the man in the big truck that tows the strange trailer that smells like blood.

I don't know why the man needs Roy's advice, and I don't know why Roy chose to go give it to him, but he was very proud that he had been selected.

I did hear Roy say a while back that "Helping out the man in the pickup truck is the price we pay for society."

Roy is a wise animal.

Tag: Politics / Economics? Next thing you'll be telling us there was some sort of subtext to the old children's story about the farm pigs that learned to walk on two feet.

3. Zack says

I'm starting to think that Via Angus is the name that Clark writes under when he wants to be vague and existentialist. It feels like there's a decent bit of similarity in their writing styles.

4. ZK says

I've understood the subtext to most of the previous Angus posts, but the last couple have eluded me. Can anyone explain to those of us who are too dense to understand allegory?

5. Sam says

Can anyone explain to those of us who are too dense to understand allegory?

I could be wrong, but I think Via Angus ate Roy and is now suffering the early stages of a prion disease. More likely, I've been watching too much Breaking Bad.

Roy is listening to a voice in his head that describes a world with no fences. He had best conceal this information from the man, the man won't like Roy thinking about a world without fences.

7. eigenperson says

No! Via Angus is a real person! He's real!

8. Kevin says

True story: at my high school, there was an English teacher who actually taught Animal Farm as a book about animals… on a farm. Seriously. He sincerely had no idea there was anything to it beyond that.

9. melK says

Can anyone explain to those of us who are too dense to understand allegory?

I got bit by an allegory once…

10. twency says

For some time nobody spoke. Only Boxer remained on his feet. He fidgeted to and fro, swishing his long black tail against his sides and occasionally uttering a little whinny of surprise. Finally he said:

'I do not understand it. I would not have believed that such things could happen on our farm. It must be due to some fault in ourselves. The solution, as I see it, is to work harder. From now onwards I shall get up a full hour earlier in the mornings.'

11. Dan Weber says

I don't get the whispering lady, but that just makes me think it's a Patrick post, which are usually a few levels over my head.

12. Kevin says

I don't get the whispering lady

I was confused at first too, but after a re-read I think it's supposed to be Lucifer. Not sure I approve of the implications of casting the devil as a woman though.

13. Personanongrata says

Moooo, Roy knows the truth, there are no fences, they are mere figments of his imagination and if you never leave the comfort of the close barn you'll never experience anything but the dark voice, her hard words and fences, a great many fences, mooo.

14. Troutwaxer says

Angus needs to be very careful now. The dark voice works for the man, and she is testing him to make sure that he's not thinking bad thoughts.

15. Mark - Lord of the Albino Squirrels says

Yaaaay Black Sheep!!

I always liked that movie. Works surprisingly well with the Pink Floyd too.

16. Mark - Lord of the Albino Squirrels says

Come to think of it, the guy whose experiments created the killer sheep in Black Sheep was named… Angus. Seriously.

Coincidences are weird.

17. Hasdrubal says

No! Via Angus is a real person! He's real!

The by-line confused me on the first Roy post, I thought it was a guest post by one of the guys over at Kids Prefer Cheese.