This week we had two very highly-traveled posts about Pax Dickinson. Clark framed his experience as public shaming, while I framed it as social consequences. The subject is clearly of interest to our readers — and has been of interest to me for some time — so I thought I'd collect the past posts touching on the subject. I may edit to add more as I find them.
A post about social consequences to Vancouver rioters.
A post about a young woman caught on camera being an asshole on the subway.
A post about the consequences that befall a business that is rude to someone with a large audience; in this case it was the Bloggess, whose "stand by for a demonstration of relevance" is legendary.
And, of course, the story of Paul Christoforo, who got into an ill-considered fight with Penny Arcade.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Gawker, Money, Speech, And Justice - August 18th, 2016
- Lawsplainer: No, Donald Trump's "Second Amendment" Comment Isn't Criminal - August 9th, 2016
- Why Openness About Mental Illness is Worth The Effort And Discomfort - August 9th, 2016
- A Rare Federal Indictment For Online Threats Against Game Industry - July 28th, 2016
- John Hinckley, Jr. and the Rule of Law - July 27th, 2016