Please Welcome Marc Randazza to Popehat

You may be entering a world of pain, readers.

You may be entering a world of pain, readers.

Long-time Popehat readers are familiar with Marc Randazza, First Amendment badass whose efforts to defend free speech are a frequent subject here.

Now we're very pleased to welcome Marc as a Popehat co-author. He may still blog at Legal Satyricon and CNN on occasion, but watch for his posts on First Amendment and cultural issues here.

Full disclosure: Marc is both a friend and a client, and has sometimes represented me as well. Though we may still occasionally cover his cases, the fact that he's a blogger here now will likely change the nature and tone of coverage, as as we tend to be more sparing in covering my cases.

Please join me in welcoming Randazza.

1. That Anonymous Coward says

Greetings and welcome Mr. Randazza.
    Still am a big fan of your 1st Amendment work, look forward to future posts.

2. Montaire says

Welcome aboard Marc!

First question: On a scale of 1 – 23, how important is free speech?

3. Castaigne says

Randazza, Adam – Ken, the fact that these people are willing to join Popehat should show you what a good job you do.

Mr. Randazza, I bid you a hearty welcome to Popehat!

This is…this is just going to be trouble.

And since you're both going to get sued at the same time for something Marc posts, who will represent you now?

5. kenm says

Wait, a competent attorney posting here? I don't know if I can take that.

Can we just get more Ponies?

6. That Anonymous Coward says

MFW someone points to a Roca case as an example of anything but long term silica exposure causing brain injury.

7. Jack B. says

First, Bob Odenkirk and David Cross re-united for a sketch comedy show on Netflix.

Then Patton Oswalt signs on to be part of the MST3K reboot.

Now Marc Randazza is writing for Popehat.

Man, 2015 finished strong!

8. Norahc says

Welcome, Marc.

*goes off to invest in popcorn futures before the next asshat threatens this site over getting butthurt*

So my prediction it was going to be a triumverate with popehat and Simple justice was only half correct..

Not sure I should be happy or scared silly of my prophetic gift of weirdness!

No matter what, my congratulations AND commiserations. (Hide ya pony!!)

10. Suedeo says

Welcome, Mr. Randazza; I appreciate your work, and I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say.

11. Jill A. says

So glad to be able to read posts by you again! I've learned a great deal over the years from your posts and enjoyed your writing. But I've also loved the stories of your Italian family and the post about "Pasquale the Easter Bunny" has made me smile and laugh I can't tell you how many times!

Looking forward to future posts!

12. Michael Gorback says

Nice macho picture but when you rack the slide keep your finger off the trigger. Ever heard of indexing?

13. Elizabeth says

Better late than never?

Welcome, Mr. Randazza. I've enjoyed reading your first view posts and have taken the liberty of sharing a couple of them with my friends.

14. pjcamp says

You're letting in non-white people now?

How about Marc Bleached? Marc Pasty? Marc Bloodless? Marc Achromatic? Marc Pallid?