I write this as someone who was willing to vote for Trump. This gives me great pause….
Donald Trump has said a lot of strange things — some funny, some creepy, but none scarier than what he said on Friday: that if he is elected president, he will "open up our libel laws" to make it easier to sue the media and "win lots of money." No matter what you may think about his other policy ideas, if he keeps this promise, we won't be able to effectively express dissent against anything else he might want to do. We can fight any bad policy if we have a robust First Amendment.
Last 5 posts by Randazza
- We can never be too safe! (Update - Passenger banned for life) - November 28th, 2016
- Castro Dead - Good Time to Talk About "Fake News" - November 26th, 2016
- Castro is Dead. So What? - November 26th, 2016
- Gracias por estar aquí - November 12th, 2016
- Delray Beach Passes Really Stupid Tattoo Studio Ordinance - November 11th, 2016